GIBB & CO. is one of the oldest firms in Malaysia with its historical beginnings dating back to 1892. The founding partners, A.M.Gibb and Ashworth Hope arrived in Penang on the British East India ship from Britain, where they set up practice under the name of Gibb & Hope.
With Malaya’s economy revolving around the tin mining and rubber industry, the firm expanded its practise to Ipoh and Kuala Lumpur. However in the 1930’s Ipoh became the principal office as it played an instrumental role in the development of the state of Perak.
Since the 1930s, the firm has had its offices at the Hong Kong & Shanghai Bank Building in the “old town”, overlooking the historical Ipoh “padang”. In 1999, the firm moved to its current premises.
With the ever evolving legal landscape in Malaysia and to meet the demands of the communities and its clients the firm expanded its offices to TelukIntan (formerly known as Teluk Anson) and in 2005 (opened a further office in) Georgetown, Penang in 2009
Why choose Gibb & Co?
There are many reasons why Gibb & Co is the right choice for your next project, here are (just five of these):
- We are one of the oldest firms in Malaysia with historical beginnings dating back to 1892.
- Our team of expert lawyers have decades of experience in all aspects of legal advice.
- We believe that our employees and clients are stakeholders in our firm.
- We take a pro-active stand and seek alternative solutions to address legal issues in the hope of avoiding litigation.
- Our goal is to educate our client to better manage issues that affect them legally.